If your hair is dry and damaged from the heat, it’s time to start reviving its shine. You can revitalize your hair with a hair mask and the best part is these ingredients are already available in your kitchen. Hair masks hydrate and rejuvenate your hair to give them a new life.
HAIR MASKS FROM THE KITCHEN
For Dry Dull Hair
This hair mask is great to bring back the shine in dry dull hair.
- 1 medium banana
- 1 egg
- ½ avocado
- 2 tbsp honey
- 3 tbsp buttermilk
- 3tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Mash banana and avocado in a bowl and add egg to the mixture.
- Add honey, buttermilk, olive oil and blend well.
- Apply it on your hair from roots to tips.
- Leave it for 30 minutes and then wash off with a moisturizing shampoo.
- For a healthy hair, use this mask twice a month.
For Dry Frizzy Hair
- 1 egg white
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup plain yogurt
- Mix the yogurt and mayonnaise.
- Add egg to the mixture and mix the ingredients well.
- Massage onto wet hair, cover with a shower cap.
- Leave in for 30 minutes, and then wash it off with a mild shampoo.
- Rinse with cold water
- Use the mask every month to moisturize your hair.
For Dull and Damaged Hair
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup plain yogurt
- Mix the ingredients well and apply the mixture on damp hair.
- Leave in for 20 minutes
- Rinse it off with warm water followed by cool water. Use a mild shampoo thereafter.
- Sour cream helps in getting rid of dust while milk fat helps in moisturizing.
For Itchy Scalp
- 2 tbsp. Lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. water
- Mix the ingredients in a bowl.
- Massage the mixture on damp hair.
- Let it sit for 20 minutes, then rinse. Shampoo as usual.
- It can be applied every week to keep dandruff at bay.
For Oily Hair
- 1 tbsp. cornmeal or cornstarch
- Pour the cornstarch or cornmeal into a salt or pepper shaker and sprinkle onto dry hair.
- After 10 minutes, use a hairbrush to completely get rid of it. Treatment can be used everyday.
For Sun-damaged Hair
Hard water, over exposure to the sun, flat iron can damage your hair. Whatever be the reason, try this hair mask to repair the damage. Avocado and egg yolk helps in replenishing the keratin bonds that are damaged by sun rays.
- ½ cup honey
- 2 tbsp. avocado
- 2 tbsp egg yolk
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Mix the ingredients and blend well.
- Massage on to damp hair and let it sit for 20 minutes.
- Rinse with warm water.
- Apply the treatment once every month.
For Thin Hair
- ½ cup beer
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 1 raw egg
- Pour the beer in a container and let it sit for a couple of hours to reduce carbonation.
- Add oil and egg and mix well.
- Apply the mixture on clean damp hair and leave in for 15 minutes.
- Rinse with cold water.
- It can be applied every week.
Please share with us any other hair masks that works wonders for you and do let us know your feedback when you try the above.