Our children learn through us and hence it is important to teach them about the importance of taking care of their environment and the Earth. Earth day isn’t a celebration for a single day but a lifestyle change that should be a part of our every day.
INVOLVE YOUR KIDS TO HELP OUR PLANET
Want to celebrate earth Day with your kids? Read on to find some interesting ideas to help you plan the celebration.
What is Earth Day?
Earth Day, 22nd April is a day to think about our planet and what we can do to protect it.
Educate the children
Children are naïve and are always looking forward to learn new things. Educate them about Earth day and the importance of caring for our planet.
Change your Lifestyle
Make changes in your lifestyle not only for one day but for the entire year. Mark this day as the starting point to educate your family and create awareness about the importance of our planet
Teach your children to conserve energy by saving electricity, water etc. Make them understand the importance of switching off the lights and appliances when not in use, reducing fuel emissions on signals etc.
Look for ways by which you can reuse things. Donate unused items to an organization or to the needy.
Recycling empty bottles will save energy while recycling newspapers can save one tree. Make your children understand the importance of recycling.
Host an event for the kids
- Celebrate the day with your kids by hosting an event with these ideas
- Plant a tree
- Go for a walk and leave the car behind
- Gather friends and family to a park and get the kids along to clean it by collecting litter
- Print several posters talking about the conservation of earth and energy.
- Ask the kids re-use things like matchboxes, cloth, magazines, lost buttons, egg shells etc. for craft projects
- Cook organic and green food
Let us know how the day turns out to be for your kids. If you liked the post, consider leaving a comment or sharing it with your friends on facebook, twitter, Google + or Pinterest through the buttons given here.
Image source- Pinterest