Hello all you beautiful ladies,
Today I am going to review FabIndia’s Rose Geranium face and body gel scrub. I like FabIndia skincare products so when I saw this product, I had to give it a try. I had heard really good reviews of this gel based scrub from a friend of mine so had to get one for myself.
About the product: An exfoliating gel scrub with soothing rose petals and geranium oil. The rose petals have a cooling effect while geranium oil detoxifies the skin.
Ingredients: Purified Water, Walnut Granules, Hydrixyethyl Urea, Carbomer, Lactic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Imid Urea, Fragrance, Rose Petals, Allantoin, Disodium EDTA, Aloe Vera Extract, Glycerine, Vitamin E Acetate, Geranium Oil.
I didn’t know about the benefits of Geranium oil so I looked it up and found that it has the following benefits-
- It acts as a natural astringent which causes the skin tissue to contract resulting in firmer younger looking skin.
- It helps in maintaining the oil balance of both dry and oily skin by regulating sebum production. It’s wonderful oil for combination skin.
- It promotes skin cells regeneration and improves the elasticity and circulation to the surface of the skin. It’s ideal for anti-ageing treatments. Skin appears more youthful and radiant after use.
- It cleanses your skin naturally and has anti-bacterial properties which is great for acne prone skin.
Directions for use: Apply a scoop of the scrub to wet skin and gently massage all over the body in circular motion, focusing on rough skin areas. Rinse and clean thoroughly.
Net Quantity: 100ml (99g)
Price: 250 INR
Shelf Life: 36 months. Store in a cool dry place away from direct sunlight. Natural ingredients may cloud or separate, this does not affect the quality or efficacy of the product.
Availability: Mostly all local stores stock it. You can also buy it from Fab India’s outlets or online.
My experience with the product-
My personal experience with this scrub is good. My skin is oily and sensitive and I cannot try products with lots of chemicals as they cause breakouts. This gel scrub works great on my skin. This scrub is not too harsh on my skin and is great for an everyday use too. However it’s too mild to be used as a body scrub. The scrub has a lovely smell of roses and gives a fresh feeling on application.
The gel has small walnut granules which help in exfoliating and are not too harsh on the skin. The gel gives a medium consistency to the product which is neither too thick nor too runny. It is however too mild to remove any blackheads.
Positives of FabIndia Rose Geranium face and body gel scrub
- Pleasant floral fragrance
- Suited for all skin types and does not cause breakouts.
- Easily available.
- Skin is soft and refreshed after use.
Negatives of the FabIndia Rose Geranium face and body gel scrub
- Not effective against blackheads
Would I buy it again? I would look for something else.
Rating: 3.5/5 for not being effective against blackheads.
Recommended for: Normal, dry ,combination and for girls with sensitive skin prone to acne breakouts.