What are blemishes?
Blemishes on the face are marks caused due to pimples, acne, whiteheads, blackheads, allergies or boils. They occur when the pores of the skin are clogged by dust, bacteria, or even by the oil secreted from our face.
Treatment of blemishes doesn’t need to be an expensive affair with you travelling to your dermatologist every now and then.
You can follow these simple home remedies for treatment of blemishes for at least two weeks to see their wonderful results. During this period try to avoid cosmetics which clog pores and use cosmetics which are non comedogenics to take care of blemishes.
Causes of blemishes-
- Hormonal changes can cause the increase in the production of oil causing pimples and acne. These changes are common in pregnant and menstruating women.
- Pollution, dust, weather changes can also cause blemishes. Therefore it is important to cover your face to avoid allergic reaction to dust, sun etc.
- Incorrect skincare routine or reaction with products not suitable to your skin type might also cause blemishes.
- Wrong eating habits, improper diet and less intake of water are also some of the reasons causing blemishes.
Home remedies for treating blemishes –
- Apply lemon juice on blemish prone areas and wash it off within 10-20 minutes. You can also mix sugar, honey, rose water or turmeric powder in it for best results.
- You can also use cucumber juice, orange juice or potato juice for treating blemishes. Apply it on the infected areas and leave it for 20 minutes. Rinse it with water.
- Mix vinegar with mashed strawberries and apply this mixture on your face. Leave it overnight for clearing facial blemishes.
- Sandalwood paste made by mixing sandalwood powder in water is the most effective home remedy for treating blemishes.
- Apply mashed carrots on your face and leave for 15 minutes. Rinse it off with milk. You can also use carrot juice instead.
- Mix equal quantities of lemon juice, rosewater and honey and apply on your face for treating blemishes at home. You can also mix gram flour (besan), a pinch of turmeric powder and yogurt to it to use it as a pack. Apply it on your face and wash it off when it dries.
- Another face pack you can prepare at home is by mixing dried lemon and orange peel powder along with rose water and yogurt. Apply this pack to treat blemishes naturally
- Mashed papayas mixed with milk is regarded as an excellent remedy for removing face blemishes
- Mash apples and mix honey to it to make a paste. Apply this pack on your face and leave for 20 minutes. Wash it off.
- Apply tomato juice on your face and leave it off for an hour. Rinse with water
- Rub Tea tree oil on affected areas and leave it overnight. Tea tree oil is effective not only against existing blemishes but also prevents new ones from appearing.
- Soak almonds overnight in milk. Remove their skin, add honey and lemon juice and now grind it to make a paste. Apply it on face for 20-30 minutes and then wash it off.
- Apply a mixture of two parts vinegar, one part rosewater and some cucumber juice on areas with dark spots to get rid of them
- Neem powder and neem oil are also great at treating blemishes. You can make a paste with the powder or apply the oil directly on your face to treat blemishes.
- Incorporate a balanced and nutritious diet to treat existing blemishes and avoid new ones
- Include fruits like oranges, lemons, carrots, watermelons, guavas etc in your diet
- Add green leafy vegetables to your diet.
- Drink lots and lots of water to keep your skin healthy and glowing. Water would help you in getting rid of your body wastes
- Follow these home remedies to treat blemishes at home and let us know your feedback.
If you liked the post, consider leaving a comment or sharing it with your friends on facebook, twitter, Google + or Pinterest through the buttons given here.