Saree is a quintessential Indian traditional wear which symbolizes beauty with grace. The best thing about a saree is that its best suited for any occasion, be it a traditional event or a glamorous party. This Indian wear has undergone a dramatic change from being the attire of a humble housewife to evolve and become a symbol of modernity, feminism and sex appeal. The best part about this attire is that every woman can look great in it provided she chooses it well. So here we are bringing you some handy tips to finalize the best saree according to body type.
For Overweight women
- Avoid cotton and other stiff fabrics as they would make you look bulkier.
- Chiffon and silk are the fabric to choose as they will balance your body structure.
- Choose darker shades in sarees.
- While draping your saree take care to hide all the problematic areas.
For Voluptuous women
- Georgette, chiffon and net is the fabric to go for as they will highlight your curves. Sheer sarees are also trending this season.
- Do not wear heavy work sarees and look for darker colors. You can choose a saree with delicate embroidery or a bead work but ensure that it is not too stiff.
- Complement the saree with a designer blouse with strings to add an oomph factor.
For Pear shaped body
- Those with a heavy bottom or a pear shaped body should opt for sarees in fabrics like chiffon or Georgette or soft silks (like Mysore silk). The fabric would help in balancing your upper and lower body and would highlight your curves. You can also try sheer sarees in net or lace fabric.
- Avoid sarees in mermaid cuts as they will make your bottom look heavier.
- Try the draping on the front (seedha pallu) to make your body look proportionate.
- Opt for bold and beautiful colors.
- Look for sarees with beautiful borders, small prints and embroidery.
For Apple shaped body
- Wrap the saree around your waist to cover up the belly. You can also opt for longer blouses to hide the problematic areas.
- Look for sarees with heavy work or embroidery.
- Silk is the perfect fabric for you. Avoid net sarees.
- Wear blouses in contrasting colors for a dramatic look.
- Fabrics like Tussar silk, cotton, tissue, organza are excellent choices for a thin body stricture. They will enhance your figure and would make you look fuller.
- Opt for sarees in lighter shades and with heavy embroidery. Brocade and bead work would look great on a slim figure. Big and bold prints can also be chosen.
- You can complement your saree with a halter neck, backless or a tube blouse.
- For women who are slim and short avoid big prints and heavy borders. Choose a saree with a thin border as it will make you look taller.
Things to take care of-
- Draping is the most important thing while wearing a saree. Pay extra attention to your pleats else you might end up looking shabby.
- For heavy sarees choose light jewelry and vice versa.
- Similarly opt for heavy blouse if your saree is light and a lighter blouse for heavy sarees.
Try on these wonderful tips for your next saree according to body type and dazzle everyone with your beauty and charm in this stunning Indian wear!