Spicy and dry paneer Manchurian is one of the favorite Indian and chinese recipes. The recipe is really easy to make and serves as an excellent party snack.
Taste: Hot and spicy with rich flavor of soy sauce, ginger and garlic.
Serving ideas: Serve as a starter or with vegetable fried rice for a meal.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 35 minutes
Servings: serves 4
- ½ lbs (250 gms) Paneer (cottage cheese)
- 2 tablespoons All-purpose flour (maida)
- 4 tablespoons Corn Flour
- 1 teaspoon Ginger- Garlic Paste
- Cooking Oil
- Salt to taste
- ¼ cup Water
For Sautéed vegetables:
- 1 teaspoon Ginger-Garlic paste
- ¼ cup finely chopped capsicum
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 green chilli, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Cooking Oil
- 1 tablespoon Soy sauce
- ½ tablespoon Chilli sauce
- 2 tablespoons Tomato Ketchup
- Salt to taste
Directions for Manchurian
- Cut cottage cheese (paneer) into small cubes. Mix all purpose flour (maida), corn flour, ginger-garlic paste, salt with ¼ cup of water to make a thick paste. Add the cubes to the mixture, mix well and let it marinate for 20 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan and deep-fry the marinated cottage cheese (paneer) cubes over medium flame till they turn golden brown.
- Transfer them on to a plate with paper towel to remove excess oil.
Directions for sautéed vegetables
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a pan on medium flame. Add ginger-garlic paste and sauté for 30 seconds.
- Add chopped onion, green chilli and capsicum. Add salt and sauté for 2-3 minutes till onions turn light golden brown.
- Add soya sauce, chilli sauce and tomato ketchup. Add fried cottage cheese (paneer) cubes and mix well for 1-2 minutes on high flame.
- Hot and spicy paneer Manchurian is ready. Garnish with chopped spring onions.
- The main ingredients of any manchurian recipe are soya sauce and chilli sauce. Adjust the quantity of these sauces for your desired flavor.
- The mixture prepared for marinating cottage cheese (paneer) should neither be too thick nor too runny. Runny mix wouldn’t coat the cubes well and thick batter wouldn’t make the outer layer crispy.
- If cottage cheese isn’t available, you can try the recipe with tofu.
Try this recipe and let us know your feedback.