Now that the summers are here, people have now started complaining about sun tan. Sunscreens and sun blocks guarantee 100% protection against sunburn but most of them are not so effective against them. Tanning is a natural process of protecting the skin from the harmful ultraviolet rays of the sun. The skin releases more of melanin as a protective measure which darkens the skin. It’s a concern for the fairer skin as sunburn is more visible on them. Unfortunately, it’s difficult to get rid of your suntan and get your complexion back. It needs a lot of patience.
KISS GOOD BYE TO SUNTAN!
Listing below the most popular and effective home remedies to get rid of sun tan. They need at least a week of regular use to get noticeable results.
- Make a mixture of lemon juice, rose water and cucumber juice and apply it on your body as a pack. Lemon has acidic properties which act as a natural bleach. Cucumber and rose water cool your skin.
- Honey and lemon juice when applied on the affected area helps in getting rid of sun tan effectively.
- Apply a mixture of raw milk, turmeric and lemon juice on your body and leave it to dry. Wash it off with cool water.
- Orange juice with yogurt is great for getting rid of suntan. Orange has alpha hydroxyl acid and vitamin c helps in lightening your sun tan.
- Oats and buttermilk mixture should be rubbed on affected area. Oats will help in exfoliating the skin while butter milk soothes it.
- Gram flour, lemon juice and curd mixture when applied on the affected area gives excellent results against tanning.
- Apply onion juice on sunburn affected area to reduce inflammation.
- Regular application of fresh coconut water on hands and face not only helps you in getting rid of suntan but also makes the skin soft and supple.
- Mix raw milk and sandalwood powder and apply it on your face and hands. Wash it off once it dries.
- Tomato juice with buttermilk is great against sunburns and helps in curing them quickly.
- Wheat flour, grated cucumber, curd and almond powder mixture works wonders against sun tan.
- Apply some lime juice and leave it on for 15 minutes. It removes tan and makes skin fair.
- Ash gourd juice with multani mitti mixture when applied on the face helps in reducing tan considerably.
- Massage mashed papaya on the skin to get rid of suntan. It will also give your skin a fine glow.
- Apply oatmeal, yogurt, lime juice and tomato juice mixture on the affected area. Wash the pack after half an hour.
- Apply sandalwood powder with almond oil and coconut oil mixture on your face; leave it on for half an hour and rinse.
- Grind soaked almonds to make a fine paste. Add milk cream to the paste and apply it on your skin.
- Turmeric powder and lime juice mixture will lighten your skin tone and would help in getting rid of suntan.
- Apply a mixture of cream with milk powder, lemon juice, honey and almond oil on your skin and leave it on for 30 minutes. Wash it off with cold water.
- Mashed potatoes with lemon juice paste helps in getting rid of suntan. Apply this paste for 30 minutes and then wash it off. Potato and lime juice have anti tanning properties.